Emigration Checklist

In general

The below checklist of De Jong Verhuizingen summarizes the documents you need for your emigration. Other regulations and conditions may apply in other destinations. Check well in advance whether you have all required documents. Check again before you leave to ensure your emigration goes smoothly.

  • Passport/driving licence (check validity)
  • Visa
  • International certificate of vaccination (remember to observe the prescribed vaccination period before your departure)
  • Travel documents/travel insurance
  • Deregistration from the local population register and/or Aliens Police
  • Certificate of residence
  • Marriage record
  • Health statement (letter) from your general practitioner

  • with information about you and your family
  • Other medical records (dentist, specialist)
  • Health statement and vaccination certificate for pets
  • Employment contract or employer’s statement from your (future) employer Original diplomas (certificates with certified translations; make copies of these and ship separate from the originals).
  • (For school-aged children) Statement from the school’s headmaster about the type of education, the attended classes and school results
  • Religious documents (e.g. certificates of baptism)
  • Additional passport photos
  • Keys and spare keys
  • Pet passport

What you need to carry with you on top of that

  • Packing list
  • Shipment details
  • Contact information of De Jong Verhuizingen's foreign partner

Before you leave:

  • Check or make an address list of family members, friends and other contacts, such as your general practitioner, previous municipality, schools, bank, notary.
  • Make a list of the people you want to inform of your removal
  • Arrange for someone to record the gas, water and electricity meter readings and disconnect the utilities.
  • Back up your computer and take it with you in your hand luggage.
  • If you remove your car as well, obtain a proof of deregistration from the National Road Administration to avoid being taxed twice.


  • Rental and lease agreements
  • Maintenance agreements
  • Insurances
  • Memberships of libraries
  • Memberships of clubs
  • Landline connection
  • Subscriptions to newspapers
  • Subscriptions to magazines


  • Bank accounts and/or giro accounts
  • Savings accounts
  • Direct debits
  • Authorisations of third parties


Fill in a change of address form at the post office, so your mail will be forwarded to your new address.

Weten wat jouw verhuizing gaat kosten? Vraag een gratis offerte aan